Hey! Thanks for stopping by.

Hey!  Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Girl Power



I've never been a political person, I leave that to my father who raised my sister, brother and I on Republican values. In fact, his political views are so large and loud (he says anyone who wants to know what he thinks should listen to Rush) for many years he drowned out my own political thoughts. He once said "If any of my children voted for a democrat I would consider myself a failure as a parent." True story.
Maybe because I grew up in such a political atmosphere I've never really developed my own opinions on political parties or candidates. Mostly I considered it a subject I'd like to avoid.

But this year is different. This year I'm a Hillary Clinton supporter.

Why?

Maybe it's because I have two girls growing up in this world of male leaders.

Maybe it's simply that I believe she's the best for the job.

Maybe I want to prove to my Dad that one of his children can vote for a democrat, a candidate that inspires me out of my political indifference, and still be a good, thoughtful and worthy daughter.

Maybe it's because Hillary Clinton is smart and worthy, as smart and worthy as anyone else and it's a woman's turn to sit at the head of the table.

Maybe it's because Charlotte watches primary returns come in like it's the finale for American Idol. She sees a woman running for President and she cheers. She sees unlimited possibilities. Wouldn't I be a failure as a parent if I didn't support her?

Here is a terrific article I encourage you to read. I think Obama is great, but it's all about Hillary for me.

Oh--and by the way, you can teach an old dog new tricks. My Dad is great about my support of Hillary and we discuss it often. Go Dad. As he said "I have 4 sisters and 5 grand daughters. I'm all about the girls."

Goodbye To All That (#2) by Robin Morgan

February 2, 2008

http://www.womensmediacenter.com/ex/020108.html

No comments:

Sophomore Year

Sophomore Year
My weight was going up and up...

Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine
I guess I'm about 3 or so? Nice tan!